MICHELIN WARRANTY FOR MICHELIN TRUCK TYRES
What is Covered and for How Long?
Workmanship and Materials
MICHELIN truck tyres bearing the Michelin name and complete serial and identification numbers, used in commercial service according to the instructions contained in the Michelin Truck Tyre Warranty and Operator's Manual, are covered by this limited warranty against defects in workmanship and materials.
Term of Warranty
This warranty is for the life of the original usable tread. At that time, all warranties, express or implied, expired.
- The life of the original usable tread is the original tread down to the level of the tread wear indicators – 2.0mm of tread remaining.
What is not covered?
Tyres which become unserviceable due to
- Road hazard injury (e.g. a cut, snag, bruise, impact damage or puncture);
- Incorrect fitting of the tyre, tyre/wheel imbalance or improper repair;
- Misapplication, improper maintenance, racing, under-inflation, over-inflation, or other abuse resulting in casing damage or fatigue;
- Accident, fire, chemical corrosion, contamination, tyre alteration or vandalism;
- Flat spotting caused by improper storage;
- The addition of liquid, solid or gaseous materials other than air, nitrogen or carbon dioxide;
- Load or speed greater than the ISO load/speed value recommended;
- Uneven or rapid wear caused by mechanical irregularity in the vehicle such as axle misalignment, resulting in damage to the under-tread, carcass or steel belts;
- Ozone or weather cracking;
Conditions and Exclusions
This warranty does not provide compensation for loss of time, loss of use of vehicle, inconvenience or incidental or consequential damages. Tyres presented for claim remain the property of the owner/consumer and Michelin brand accepts no responsibility for loss of, of damage to, tyres which are in the custody or control of a Michelin truck tyre retailer for the purpose of inspection for warranty adjustment. Tyres accepted for claim become the property of Michelin. In the event of a disputed claim, the owner/consumer must make the tyre available for further inspection.
No Michelin representative, employee or retailer has the authority to make or imply any representation, promise or agreement, which in any way varies the terms of this warranty.
This warranty applies only for tyres purchased in Singapore.
We thank you and look forward to your continuous support.